|Job Title:||Transportation Supervisor|
Safeway Inc., a Fortune 100 Company, is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 1,300+ stores. The Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Transportation Department for the Safeway Inc. Division, located in Clackamas, Oregon has an opening for a Transportation Supervisor. This is a 24/7 operation.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supervise and dispatch drivers.
• Manage and control daily workload through good dispatching procedures.
• Determine equipment and staffing requirements for daily operational needs.
• Monitor employees' daily work assignments.
• Work with drivers to improve driving skills.
• Dispatch and road supervision.
• Commitment to providing a safe work environment.
• Keep abreast of Federal, State and Municipal laws and regulations, collective bargaining agreements and company work rules, regarding operations of trucking equipment.
• Ensure DOT Compliance.
• Implement cost saving measures through working closely with drivers, dispatchers and software.
• Teach and train driver's new systems as necessary.
• Must be able to work alternate work shifts including weekends and holidays.
• 2-year college degree or 5 years progressive trucking experience.
• • Strong knowledge of Department of Transportation laws and regulations.
• Knowledge of commercial trucking operations.
• Knowledge of XATA driver management and Prospero Trucks routing systems a plus.
• Knowledge of inhaul/backhaul procedures.
• Familiar with a union work environment.
• High degree of initiative and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Exceptional leadership skills.
• Ability to work with little or no supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com
The Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace - all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
Employers have found us to be a cost effective resource to reach experienced, reliable temporary, part-time and seasonal workers and professionals and managers seeking project assignments.
RetailCareersNow.com. Post great jobs. Find great candidates. Now. Advanced features allow you to manage your job listings, candidate files and company profile data -- and track all associated activity concerning your job search securely. Take advantage of our expertise to connect with the thousands of highly qualified retail professionals who look to RetailCareersNow.com to make their next big move.
Looking for applicants with disabilities, including veterans? Look no further! RecruitDisability.org is your number one LINKAGE to this diverse talent pool. A program of The Sierra Group Foundation, we meet your training, accommodation & compliance needs for ADA and OFCCP.
Influential industry leaders and key decision-makers across many fields track Deadline many times a day and its postings regularly receive more reader comments than all of the entertainment industry news sites combined.
Our MISSION is to help reduce the already high unemployment rate among college grads with disabilities by uniting you with proactive employers. We will assist competitive career oriented college grads with disabilities in their search for employment in the entry level positions..
Thousands of jobs from a variety of niches.
The cutting-edge book that finds you the best jobs & highest incomes.
Improve your resume today!
Directories of associations, employers, articles & more.