More information about this job:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide direction and assistance in the completion of daily merchandise and operating tasks and to perform such other duties as assigned by the Store Manager and/or Assistant Store Manager. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and applicable laws. This position does not involve, hiring, firing, or disciplining associates or recommending any such action. Situations surrounding these issues should be brought to the attention of the Store Manager and/or Assistant Store Manager.
• Attend to merchandising of plan-o-grams within seasonal departments, end caps, displays and basic inline departments as directed by the Store Manager and/or the Assistant Store Manager.
• Control inventory by performing proper receiving and stocking including accurate cycle counting, processing merchandise transfers according to procedures, and reporting inventory problems to the Store Manager and/or Assistant Store Manager.
• Accountable for store cash and other financial assets, reconciling cash register drawers, preparing deposits, and ordering changes from the bank as directed by the Store Manager and/or the Assistant Store Manager.
• Assist with the general maintenance and appearance of the store by ensuring a safe and pleasing environment for both customers and associates; respond to any unexpected emergencies to ensure the protection of company assets.
• Oversee that store inventory is regularly inspected in accordance with the Product Freshness Review Schedule as directed by the Store Manager and/or the Assistant Store Manager.
• Ensure that all outdated product and product with less than 30 days until expiration is removed from the sales floor to be processed through the established returns process.
• Manage tasks and supervise store associates in those limited circumstances when the Store Manager and/or Assistant Store Manager is unavailable.
This position involves managing tasks and supervising store associates in those limited circumstances when the Store Manager and/or Assistant Store Manager is unavailable. This position does not involve, hiring, firing, or disciplining associates or recommending any such action, which should be brought to the attention of the Store Manager and/or Assistant Store Manager.
Experience / Requirements:
• In accordance with state law, candidates must satisfy minimum age requirements to sell and/or supervise the sale of alcohol and/or tobacco products.
• Ability to pass drug test.
• Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
• Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
• Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
• Ability to work weekends on a regular basis.
• Ability to work day or evening hours.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
Employers have found us to be a cost effective resource to reach experienced, reliable temporary, part-time and seasonal workers and professionals and managers seeking project assignments.
RetailCareersNow.com. Post great jobs. Find great candidates. Now. Advanced features allow you to manage your job listings, candidate files and company profile data -- and track all associated activity concerning your job search securely. Take advantage of our expertise to connect with the thousands of highly qualified retail professionals who look to RetailCareersNow.com to make their next big move.
Looking for applicants with disabilities, including veterans? Look no further! RecruitDisability.org is your number one LINKAGE to this diverse talent pool. A program of The Sierra Group Foundation, we meet your training, accommodation & compliance needs for ADA and OFCCP.
Influential industry leaders and key decision-makers across many fields track Deadline many times a day and its postings regularly receive more reader comments than all of the entertainment industry news sites combined.
Our MISSION is to help reduce the already high unemployment rate among college grads with disabilities by uniting you with proactive employers. We will assist competitive career oriented college grads with disabilities in their search for employment in the entry level positions..
Thousands of jobs from a variety of niches.
The cutting-edge book that finds you the best jobs & highest incomes.
Improve your resume today!
Directories of associations, employers, articles & more.