|Job Title:||Plant Supervisor|
Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw’s, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Supply Chain Department has an opening for a Plant Supervisor. This position is located at the Bellevue Bread Plant in Bellevue WA
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise sanitation, warehouse and production crews.
- Utilize World Class Manufacturing techniques to drive operational results and performance measures.
- Ability to coach and lead work teams to achieve performance, quality, cost and service goals.
- Ensure adherence to company and plant policies, procedures and practices.
- Administrative duties related to production, sanitation, shipping and quality performance.
- Design, monitor, and maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintain a high level of customer service for retail and public customers.
- Cultivate a positive and innovative work environment.
- 4 year college degree in Food Science, Management, Manufacturing or related field preferred.
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years experience in direct supervision in a manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of manufacturing regulations regarding safety, quality, HACCP and GMPs.
- Experience with plant safety programs.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and team building skills.
- Proven ability to define performance measures related to the business and hold associates accountable for the same.
- Ability to analyze cost performance data to improve operations and reduce costs.
- Willingness to work primarily second or third shift with flexibility to occasionally attending daytime events.
- Must be comfortable at giving and receiving open feedback.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must possess the following traits; proactive, risk taker, courage, and the ability to accept change.
- Proven ability to define performance measures related to the business and hold associates accountable to the same.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com on your computer or mobile device.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace – all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Employers have found us to be a cost effective resource to reach experienced, reliable temporary, part-time and seasonal workers and professionals and managers seeking project assignments.
RetailCareersNow.com. Post great jobs. Find great candidates. Now. Advanced features allow you to manage your job listings, candidate files and company profile data -- and track all associated activity concerning your job search securely. Take advantage of our expertise to connect with the thousands of highly qualified retail professionals who look to RetailCareersNow.com to make their next big move.
Looking for applicants with disabilities, including veterans? Look no further! RecruitDisability.org is your number one LINKAGE to this diverse talent pool. A program of The Sierra Group Foundation, we meet your training, accommodation & compliance needs for ADA and OFCCP.
Influential industry leaders and key decision-makers across many fields track Deadline many times a day and its postings regularly receive more reader comments than all of the entertainment industry news sites combined.
Our MISSION is to help reduce the already high unemployment rate among college grads with disabilities by uniting you with proactive employers. We will assist competitive career oriented college grads with disabilities in their search for employment in the entry level positions..
Thousands of jobs from a variety of niches.
The cutting-edge book that finds you the best jobs & highest incomes.
Improve your resume today!
Directories of associations, employers, articles & more.