|Job Title:||Person in Charge (PIC) | 1467, Beremton, WA|
xUS Retail Stores
As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the Person In Charge (PIC) provides friendly, courteous, and helpful service. During the absence of the Store Manager and the First & Second Assistant Managers, the PIC is in charge of the store, with analogous authority to make necessary decisions to operate the store at maximum profit, efficiency, and superior customer service. When in charge of the store (generally at night) the PIC will supervise the store employees. The PIC also acts as a Cashier-Checker (see job description). May be required to work in many of the departments within the store.
Safeway PIC employees are generally responsible for completing the following job duties:
1. Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and within company policy.
2. Responsible for appropriately handling emergencies, customer complaints, employee or customer accidents and supervising all store personnel.
3. Maintains high level of familiarity with company policies and procedures.
4. Supervises the sales floor to monitor service and replenishment of products.
5. Replaces stock in displays surrounding the checkout area.
6. Assists in maintaining a clean and safe work environment within the store.
7. Assists other cashiers with computer, register, and scanner problems.
8. Responsible for performing basic office functions to assist customers and personnel.
9. Operates electronically scanning cash register to total customers’ final bill.
10. Receive payment for customer purchase and count back correct change.
11. Bag groceries in paper, canvas, or plastic bags. Lift bags into grocery cart. Offer customer
assistance with carry out, and perform that task if a Courtesy Clerk is not available.
12. May be responsible for completing close of day function in the office.
13. May be responsible for counting out of stock product.
14. May count tills when other cashier-checkers leave.
15. Other duties as assigned.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience.
2. Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
3. Ability to understand and follow instructions.
4. Knowledge of all positions within the store.
5. Ability to work independently.
6. Desired: Prior experience as a clerk or manager.
Santa Cruz, CA
Huntington Beach, CA
Employers have found us to be a cost effective resource to reach experienced, reliable temporary, part-time and seasonal workers and professionals and managers seeking project assignments.
RetailCareersNow.com. Post great jobs. Find great candidates. Now. Advanced features allow you to manage your job listings, candidate files and company profile data -- and track all associated activity concerning your job search securely. Take advantage of our expertise to connect with the thousands of highly qualified retail professionals who look to RetailCareersNow.com to make their next big move.
Looking for applicants with disabilities, including veterans? Look no further! RecruitDisability.org is your number one LINKAGE to this diverse talent pool. A program of The Sierra Group Foundation, we meet your training, accommodation & compliance needs for ADA and OFCCP.
Influential industry leaders and key decision-makers across many fields track Deadline many times a day and its postings regularly receive more reader comments than all of the entertainment industry news sites combined.
Our MISSION is to help reduce the already high unemployment rate among college grads with disabilities by uniting you with proactive employers. We will assist competitive career oriented college grads with disabilities in their search for employment in the entry level positions..
Thousands of jobs from a variety of niches.
The cutting-edge book that finds you the best jobs & highest incomes.
Improve your resume today!
Directories of associations, employers, articles & more.