Develops, implements, and monitors all logistics management activities required for the timely and efficient transportation and distribution of products.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Develops solutions that leverage the Company' s volumes, systems and partnerships while providing consistently high levels of customer service in a cost-effective manner.
- Identifies and prioritizes logistics needs and communicates recommendations to upper management in order to achieve efficient product distribution.
- Provides data and recommendations on product tracking, route analysis, rerouting, costing and usage alternatives.
- Nature and Scope
- Reports to Sr. Manager, Director Sr. Director or VP
- Typically requires interpersonal skills for dealing with sensitive or controversial situations.
- Typically faces situations that are unstructured and require original approaches.
- Typically considers new courses of action within broad policies and medium-term goals when solving problems.
- Typically, once given general assignments, determines priorities and defines what should be done and how to do it.
Environmental Job Requirements
Under regular pressure to meet deadlines, quotas and/or must frequently deal with difficult issues related to people or situations.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience - 5
Physical Job Requirements
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
Excellent project management skills. Demonstrated abilty to perform financial analysis. Ability to ascertain and solve problems. Strong computer skills.
Strong communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.