Interline Brands; a wholly owned subsidiary of The Home Depot is a national distributor maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) products. We stock and distribute over 100,000 MRO products from janitorial and sanitation to electrical lighting and appliances. Our customers range in size from individual contractors and independent hardware stores to apartment management companies and national purchasing groups.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for 100,000+ square feet Distribution Center, with a fleet of 32 trucks, approximately 100 direct and indirect reports San Jose, CA managing quality control, inventory control in a pick/pack operation, fleet management, freight-related functions, budgeting, recruiting, team building, and training. Will ensure that operational performance and quality and service targets are met, while operating within budget guidelines. Will organize, monitor and ensure all operational and administrative activities within the facility meet Company goals and objectives.
Maintains complete and open lines of communication between the warehouse
- Provides a hands-on approach in the organization, scheduling of personnel, and directing of warehouse day-to-day activities to include order filling, stocking,
shipping, receiving, counter sales and inventory control.
- Supervises and monitors supervisory and warehouse personnel work assignments, work flow, performance and work standards, accuracy, and productivity.
- Manages and oversees warehouse personnel responsibilities to include: recruiting, testing, new hire orientation, payroll record keeping and reporting, employee appraisals
and reviews, progressive discipline issues (counseling, oral and written warnings), and employee terminations.
- Responsible for maintenance of warehouse equipment and repairs.
- Ensures that warehouse personnel have safe, efficient equipment in order to perform distribution functions efficiently.
- Warehouse security, safety programs, and good operation and maintenance of warehouse power equipment (forklifts, cherry pickers, reach truck, etc.), workers'
compensation reporting and all OSHA local and state regulations.
- Adheres to budget requirements and works toward obtaining objectives and warehouse performance goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Logistics preferred
- 5 + years management experience within warehousing/distribution and fleet management
- Ability to interact with customers, sales and customer service
- Knowledge of LTL, UPS and other forms of transportation, with automation preferred
- Strong leadership, presentation, analytical, communication and customer service skills
- Proven Leadership and Team building skills.
- Good organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift 60 pound weights or more
- Able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines within a fast-paced environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.