Fuel Pricing Analyst
- Retail / Wholesale
- Information Technology
- Manufacturing / Production
- Business Opportunities
- Data Management
- Sales / Business Development
- Consumer goods
|Job Title:||Fuel Pricing Analyst|
001 Safeway Inc
As part of the Fuel Team, the Fuel Pricing Analyst will be a key player in support of the Division’s Fuel Station’s drive for successful execution of their business plans. The Fuel Pricing Analyst will support the Manager, Finance and Fuel Pricing and act as a primary contact within the go-forward organization to provide analytical aid, optimization and troubleshooting of the retail pricing system to improve profit and grow market share.
Analysis & Reporting
• Maintain and manage the continual improvement of Safeway’s Kalibrate Fuels PriceNet system.
• Analyze QlikView on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly basis to monitor and react faster to pricing information.
• Monitor Optimization Rates. Analyze sites that did not price via Optimization and adjust differentials, etc. to allow for Optimization.
• Monitor Price Implementation via Auto Implementation Rate % and adjust pricing profiles to improve Auto Implementation Rate.
• Review competitor elasticities and update competitor surveys on an ongoing basis.
• Develop and execute Corporate Fuel Pricing strategies that support division management directives.
• Create ad hoc reports to improve decision making.
• Monitor and adjust daily fuel prices.
• Analyze fuel financial systems, and monitor data warehouses between CCSI (Fuel Costs), Albertsons Safeway (Sales and Volumes) and Kalibrate (Prices and Competitor Surveys) to accurately sync daily
• Troubleshoot data variances and issues escalated by the Fuel Pricing team and provide 2nd level technical support before escalating to Kalibrate or STSC.
• Manage and oversee all fuel bulletins and retail portal postings
Marketing & Promotional Programs
• Support Fuel Promotion and Loyalty programs – working with Fuel Operations and Advertising.
• Monitor the competition and industry trends. Report key information to Corporate Fuel team to assist in managing our daily business. Make recommendations for areas of improvement/opportunity.
• Assist with the execution of marketing and promotional plans to drive market share, total category sales, and profits
• Assure Pricing is in compliance with all legal requirements
• Provide documentation to Legal as needed.
• Support Manager of Finance and Fuel Pricing with forecasting and planning tools.
• Back up reporting requirements.
• Support Director, Fuel on an ad hoc basis.
• Support division requests for analytical information (i.e. weekly kiosk sales reports).
• Support Sales Managers & Operations Merchandisers on a daily basis
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• 4 year college degree required.
• B.S. in Business/Finance/Marketing/Mathematics preferred, MBA desired.
• 2+ years of experience in data analysis required, preferably in retail fuel marketing and pricing.
• Experience with databases required, Kalibrate Fuels PriceNet software highly preferred.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• PC skills including Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Teradata, DB2, SQL experience required.
Skills and Experiences:
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills required
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
• Understanding of business, marketing, economics and databases required.
• Understanding of retail fuel marketing highly desired.
• Excel proficiency required, with pivot tables & V-lookups desired.
• Must have strong analytical skills and be able to analyze large volumes of data.
• Must have a high degree of initiative and be results oriented and able to work under limited supervision.
• Must have strong organization skills and be able to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and be a team player.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 10% to Fuel Stations
Occasional pricing required on weekends to provide vacation coverage
• Sits, stands or walks for extended periods of time.
• Bending, stooping and twisting required periodically.
• Prolonged time sitting in cars or airplane.
• Uses calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
• Workday is fast paced, some evening and weekend work may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Pricing Analyst Jobs
- View more Retail / Wholesale Jobs
- View more Information Technology Jobs
- View more Manufacturing / Production Jobs
- View more Accounting Jobs
- View more Business Opportunities Jobs
- View more Data Management Jobs
- View more Merchandising Jobs
- View more Sales / Business Development Jobs
- View more Consumer goods Jobs
- View more Safeway Jobs
View More Jobs in Pleasanton, CA:
- View more jobs in Pleasanton, California
- Pricing Analyst jobs in Pleasanton, California
- Retail / Wholesale jobs in Pleasanton, California
- Information Technology jobs in Pleasanton, California
- Manufacturing / Production jobs in Pleasanton, California
- Accounting jobs in Pleasanton, California
- Business Opportunities jobs in Pleasanton, California
- Data Management jobs in Pleasanton, California
- Merchandising jobs in Pleasanton, California
- Sales / Business Development jobs in Pleasanton, California
- Consumer goods jobs in Pleasanton, California
- Safeway jobs in Pleasanton, California
View More Jobs in CA:
- View more jobs in California
- Pricing Analyst jobs in California
- Retail / Wholesale jobs in California
- Information Technology jobs in California
- Manufacturing / Production jobs in California
- Accounting jobs in California
- Business Opportunities jobs in California
- Data Management jobs in California
- Merchandising jobs in California
- Sales / Business Development jobs in California
- Consumer goods jobs in California
- Safeway jobs in California