Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that includes: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw’s, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27
distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately
owned with supermarkets across the country that includes: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky,
Shaw’s, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Call Center Agent (CSA) will handle both inbound and outbound customer calls in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. He/She will be responsible for providing information to customers about health services or programs to which they are eligible and successfully scheduling them with service providers across the country, responding to customer queries, and accurately documenting customer calls within appropriate databases. The CSA is empowered to resolve and bring to closure customer inquiries within the guidelines of the Call Center Department. The CSA resolves customer inquiries by communicating with applicable division management.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Receive inbound calls from new or existing customers.
- Place outbound calls to new or existing customers.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of programs and services, as well as how they are delivered.
- Act as the primary contact with the customer and provide a timely resolution for each inquiry.
- Resolve 90% of the inquires at the time of contact and follows up on the remaining inquiries that are forwarded to relevant team members to assure a timely resolution.
- Adhere to call center procedures and call center performance expectations.
- Participate in educational opportunities to update job knowledge and performance.
- Expected to provide input on patterns that indicate an opportunity to improve customer service and bring this input to the attention of the Call Center Manager.
- Be a resource for customer inquiries.
- Meet quality assurance requirements and other performance measurements
- Maintain productivity and efficiency, while appropriately prioritizing workload
- Ensure confidentiality of customer and company information
- Maintain accurate and thorough records of customer information and telephonic interactions
- Use appropriate telephone tasks, including: transferring and placing calls on hold.
- Describe programs and services to customers; potential value and health outcomes that may result as a benefit of the service.
- Review customer information and determine eligibility for programs or services
- Deliver prepared scripts to persuade customers to take part in select programs or services applying effective sales and marketing techniques
- Identify and overcome customer objections or disinterest
- Choose the appropriate communication style for each customer and adapt, if needed
- Collect customer information applying general interview techniques
- Complete necessary follow-up with customers when needed
- Recognize opportunities to sell additional services or programs to customers
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Recognize when to escalate issues or unresolved problems to call center manager
- Submit claims to third party plans for payment according to individual requirements
- Utilize multiple software systems and databases
- Utilize maps and related software to communicate effectively with customers across the country
- Maintain communication equipment and report malfunctions
- Additional preferred skills or experiences
- Prior training in sales or marketing
- Knowledge of community/retail pharmacy
- Customer Focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, acts with customers in mind and establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers.
- Problem Solving: Uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; looks beyond the obvious to find the answers.
- Ability to work independently and refer appropriate matters to Call Center Manager when necessary.
- Peer Relationships: Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can solve problems with peers cooperatively; is seen as team player and easily gains trust and support of peers.
- Time Management: uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others.
Organizing: Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; can get resources together to get things done.
Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with internal and external customers through two-way verbal and written communication (speech, hearing and writing).
- Ability to operate various office equipment including, computer, telephone, fax, copier, calculator.
- Ability to write and see things in close proximity.
- Ability to comprehend written and verbal communication.
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of
- normal workday.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each department and/or location